past & current projects
Currently, we have several Master internship opportunities available in our lab. If you are interested make sure to check out the vacancies page.
Audiovisual integraton for goal-directed behavior
- Cortico-cortical networks involved in focused-attention and redundant target paradigms. A poster describing our first experiments in the Mongolian gerbil has been presented at IMRF 2018 in Toronto.
- Reaction times and models for focused-attention and redundant target paradigms.
Thalamic & cortical sensitivity to spatial cues
- Free-field azimuth sensitivity in rat inferior colliculus, medial geniculate body & primary auditory cortex.
- Cortical processing in complex acoustic environments.
Representation of binaural cues in the auditory brainstem & midbrain
- Axonal recordings from the medial superior olive in the chinchilla (Leuven).
- Modelling coincidence detection in the medial superior olive.
- Extracellular single-unit recordings from low-frequency laminae of the chinchilla inferior colliculus (co-supervision of a Master’s thesis in Biomedical Sciences; Leuven).
- Interaural time difference & azimuth representation in the barn owl core of the inferior colliculus (Diploma thesis; RWTH Aachen).
Sound source localization & detection in complex environments
Facilitation of tone detection in complex tonal masker backgrounds by interaural time differences.
Human orienting behavior towards synchronous auditory double stimuli in the vertical plane.
Measuring eye & head movements to study sensori-motor processing
- Extension of the double magnetic induction (DMI) method to 2D head-unrestrained paradigms in humans & animals.